Zane's Trace Consortium for Gifted
Zane’s Trace Consortium for the Gifted meets at least four times per year.
Their goals are:
– To promote professional growth for the benefit of gifted students.
– To serve as an advocate for gifted students.
– To provide collegial support for participating members.
– To communicate professional information, ideas, and research:
o among members
o with personnel in participating school districts
o with the Gifted Education Program Specialists at the Ohio Department of Education
o with state and national associations and federal legislators
– To share effective use of curriculum materials and instructional strategies.
– To coordinate activities and projects of mutual involvement.
– To brainstorm issues and concerns in gifted education for our region.
- Zane’s Trace Consortium for the Gifted offers possible student opportunities including:
– Eastern Ohio Summit
– Writing Competitions involving prizes to include:
“What it Means to be Gifted” – FALL
Due September 30
Winners announced mid-October
o Short Stories with the theme of Change – WINTER
Winners announced mid-January
o Poetry – SPRING
Due April 30
Winners announced mid-May
Meetings are at least quarterly.
$20 per year
Make check payable to Zane Trace Consortium for the Gifted
Mail dues to
Zane’s Trace Consortium of the Gifted
Treasurer, Jennifer Kaczor
c/o Bellaire Middle School
54555 Bellaire-Neffs Road
Bellaire, OH 43906